The Alliance provides the Town and Village with advanced economic and community development services to help advance important projects and initiatives. These services begin with the conceptualization and organization of projects, identifying and securing public funding, and project management and support during implementation. In addition, Alliance staff are skilled in facilitating public involvement, and organize public participation outreach to both residents and the business community in support of community projects.
A Successful Partnership
Since 2014, the Alliance has secured $10,187,769 for projects and initiatives in Webster, or $18.66 for each $1 contribution by WEDA members.
- $2,282,589 for waterfront park and recreation improvements at Sandbar Park;
- $203,130 for the creation of the Village of Webster North End Business District Sustainable Development Plan;
- $90,000 towards the West Webster Hamlet Revitalization Plan;
- $815,000 for bicycle, pedestrian and beautification enhancements on North Avenue in the Village of Webster;
- $1,480,000 for sidewalks on Ridge Road from Jackson Road to Five Mile Line Road;
- $118,000 for design and engineering of a new public park on Webster’s Sandbar waterfront;
- $1,425,000 for the realignment of Lake Road and construction of waterfront promenade at Sandbar Park;
- $711,000 for shoreline protection and flood prevention at Sandbar Park/Bayside Restaurant;
- $73,000 towards the construction of a permanent dock for a West Webster Fire Boat on Irondequoit Bay;
- $476,000 for sanitary pump station flood resilience improvements on Lake Road;
- $500,000 for East Main Street revitalization efforts in the Village of Webster;
- $1,838,000 for roadway improvement within the Xerox industrial zone;
- $50,000 for the development of a Community Revitalization Strategy;
- $87,000 for the Study of a Chilled Water System in Webster’s Industrial Zone;
- $42,000 towards reactivation of a vacant former Xerox facility on Salt Road.